[lit-ideas] Re: Simone Weil (Was: Kataphatic, Negative and Apophatic Theo...

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 13:06:32 EDT

With Simone I think a lot of it is a matter of intuiting.

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Simone Weil (Was:
Kataphatic, Negative and  Apophatic Theology)  Date: 8/6/2004 11:52:37 AM
Central Daylight Time  From: _erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent
on:
Oh it's not a matter of liking these quotes.   I don't know if I like them.
Hell, I might like them a lot if I could figure  out what in the heck she's
talking about.  When I read them I think  "colourless green ideas sleep
furiously".  I mean, even Cioran makes  more sense to me and he goes on about
Fate as a confining prison is really  only a mask for a more
supreme force that works to annihilate us.  Go  figure that one out.

Erin
Toronto