[lit-ideas] Re: Saturday Poem for Walter, who loves verse so

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Eric Dean <ecdean99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:18:50 -0330

I don't think Bruichladich has a 12 yr. old. There is a 10, 15, 17 and 20 yr.
old. I've savoured them all and imht, the 15 yr. old is the finest.

According to the Jackson Bible (the equivalent in the world of malt to the
Oxford Companion series in academia):

Colour: Bright yellow
Nose: Sea air. Perfumy. Slightly sharp.
Body: Firm, cracker-like, malt background.
Palate: Starts with a clean, grassy sweetness, then manifests an astonishingly
long, lively series of small explosions. Peppery.
Finish: Underlying iron. Savoury. Appetizing.

Who ever said that matters of taste were personal and did not admit of
universalization?

Walter O
The Skye is the Limit