[lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life, Right to Die

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:24:50 +0100

Hello Veronica

He is dying now.  I may have seen more of his recent appearances than
you; someone who isn't at all malign compared his riding back from the
hospital in the Popemobile as like El Cid's death charge. I saw and
heard rather more this evening of his attempt to speak to the crowds
at Easter.

His Secretary -- is that the term? -- has announced that he is dying.

 I heard that he appointed some number of new bishops or cardinals or
VC> something.  This is the silliest thing I have heard today.  Anyone who has
VC> ever been really sick, even from something like the flu, knows that in that
VC> condition, one doesn't care about anything. Whoever is in control there is
VC> doing this.

I have had suspicions like that for a few days now.

VC> I myself don't much care what they do, as this Pope has already packed the
VC> College of Cardinals to insure that his successor will be as reactionary as
VC> he is.

I didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me.  The tributes being
paid to the Pope by everybody everywhere are a little too effusive for
my taste, really there is no need to declare him one of the greatest
Popes (and so on).

Judy