[lit-ideas] Reservatrol

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:02:42 -0500

I'm impressed.  Not many people know about phytochemicals.  Reservatrol is
also found in peanuts.  There's much to the idea that we are what we eat,
even literally.  The type of fat in our bodies, for example, is whatever
fat we eat, saturated if we eat saturated, unsaturated (of whatever type)
if we eat unsaturated.  They now fortify some feed chicken feed with
omega-3's to raise the ratio of omega-3's in eggs.  Personally, I think
it's marketing hype.  Chickens are considered free range if they're given 5
minutes of non-coop time a day.  I stopped buying free range eggs.
Reservatrol is considered as possibly the reason that wine is heart
healthy, but nobody really knows.  It may be the alcohol itself, especially
good for the brain in small quantities. In large quantities it's bad for
the brain.