[lit-ideas] Re: Reframing Christianity [was hijacking]

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:15:41 EST

Phil --

Would you agree (whether Yeshua was a prophet, an avatar,  a rather
fantastical carpenter, or someone with a unique relationship to God -- take
your
pick) that his essential mission (pardon the term) was to reform Judaism?
That
he (if he existed, please see Josephus) had absolutely no intention of and  no
desire to create another religion?

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Reframing
Christianity [was hijacking]  Date: 2/27/06 6:55:08 A.M. Central Standard Time
From:
_phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
I had written:

"The partisanship comes into  view when the Synoptics are dismissed as
'corruptions' of that  ur-text."

to which Eric wrote:

"Who said anything about  'corruptions'?"

Well, if we are talking about the Q crowd, which of  them doesn't?  I
recently heard Crossan do his spiel, so let me give him  as a particular
example.  But leaving the Q crowd aside, this thread  began with my
responding to Julie's accusation that Christianity hijacked  Yeshua's
message.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto,  ON