[lit-ideas] Re: Reflections On Famous Last Words

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 09:04:37 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/2009 8:23:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
"Je vais à l'amour" ("I am off to love"),  which Desti considered too
embarrassing to go down in history as the legend's  final utterance, especially
since it suggested that Duncan hoped that she and  Falchetto were going to
her hotel for a sexual  assignation."

----

Exactly. And we do have Falchetto (or 'the  Buick man' as I called him --
he called it 'machina') and his last words to  prove it:

      "Hardly the best"

JLS

**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.