[lit-ideas] Re: Poem of the Day

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:47:06 -0400

>p.s. "Is this a poem" he asked?

There are sometimes things that
people say are poems, just because
they are arranged in a bunch of small
lines in groups of equal numbers of lines

But does that make them poems?
But does that make them poems?
Does the repetition of thesis statements make it so?
Does the repetition of thesis statements make it so?

If I put a word at the end of a line
That begs something to rhyme,
Do you feel like you are reading a poem?
If I try to rhyme a word like come?

If I use beautiful, pastoral words like "flocculate" or "homunculus"
Do I get extra credit for being elusive?
Does the fact that I ask so many question make me open-minded?
Artistic?

One word makes not a poem.
What about these forwards?
Pun, can be poetical.
But also antithetical.

What about if I decide to make this line many, many, many, words longer
than this.
Is it poetry if I repeat the number of syllables in the next but one
like this?

Does words the re-arranging and passive using the tense difference any make?
Do speaking like yoda make wiser you any?
So, at this point, I will make yoda
My Coda!

I don't have a point
I don't have a point