[lit-ideas] Philosophical Films -- And What They Are Not

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:09:35 EDT

I wonder:

Has a film ever been made with the word 'philosophy' or 'philosophical' (in
any of the cognate languages) in it?

I could feel that some French director might?

Cheers,

JL

In a message dated 10/21/2004 6:41:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Donal  writes

This remark seems so correct to me, and its denial so wrong,  that it might be
asked whether list-members want to name movies etc. that  they think
illustrate no "philosophical themes" whatever? [Such a  counter-example would
be interesting on a number of  levels].
OK. I'll bite. The  Matrix.

Robert Paul