[lit-ideas] Oxford Companion to the Worst English Literature (Oxford Worst Companions Series

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:16:02 EDT

R. Paul:

which one of my teachers assured me was the worst  poem ever written in
English.

-- I find this all very patronising.

As in "The Worst English Poems Ever Written"

It is said that Lytton, "It was a dark and stormy night" is the worst  start
for a novel.

I think it was Branwell Bronte (the unknown brother of the Brontes) who was
also credited with writing some of the so-called worst poems in English.

I suppose a similar companion can be done for Visual Arts.

Of course, we have Homi Babha and Judith Butler to credit awards for Bad
Writing.

The problem is about the Board of Editors or committee.

JL