[lit-ideas] Outwitting Sciurus Carolinesis

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:08:06 EDT

Sciurus Carolinesis

In a message dated 8/29/2004 2:17:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
PS>  I'm not sure who these people are who hate squirrels. I don't know
ANYONE,
PS> except Tom Lehrer.

Well, I read from the backcover of Bill Adler, Jr.

   Outwitting Squirrels: 101 Cunning Stratagems
   to reduce drammatically the egregiouis misappropriation
   of seed from your bird feeder by squirrels.

"Birdloving Americans face a common enemy: the squirrel. This fact, crafty,
increidbly greedy creature casts our pleasures to the wind, brings his buddies
 to lunch, and pilages our birdfeeders before our very eyes!

Here, at last, is the answer, OUTWITTING SQUIRRELS is a defense manual for
besieged feeders of birds. Spooker poles, Perrier bottles, baffled fishing
line,  Vaseline, water bombs, cayenne pepper, and Vixalite -- author Billl
Adler
Jr has  tried them all -- well, nearly all. In addition, he rates popular
birdfeeders,  discusses specialty seed, profiles the enemy, and regles the
reader
with  squirrel adventures and misadventures, many of them his own."

Cheers,

JL