[lit-ideas] Onanism of the Pleonasm: but skill on the ball is the same in any language

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 21:46:25 +0100 (BST)

Yes, we could pursue Ayer on Wittgenstein, Robert Paul's view that we should
disregard Wittgenstein's Preface to PI insofar as it links Investigations to
the Tractatus (and presumably disregard the references to the Tractatus in the
text to boot), and Popper on the Wittgensteinian thesis that the deep is the
unsayable (which unites, P suggests, W the mystic and W the positivist), but
Euros 2012 begin tomorrow (Ireland, as Europeans know, being among the
favourites, especially as their group has Italy and Spain) and as an appetizer
perhaps the greatest World Cup Final of them all is on youtube and in a
language fit for Palma:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XORhfb_EOw0&feature=fvwrel

Hoping they don't spit - remembering they're guests in our livingroom
Plymouth