[lit-ideas] Re: New Orleans... gone tomorrow?

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:31:01 EDT

CNN is saying this morning that it has shifted a bit (the hurricane) and  now
they're thinking Mississippi may bear the brunt.....they aren't ready I
don't imagine, though at least they're not a sitting duck in terms of
surrounding
water and sea level.....I don't *even* want to turn on my TV.   <sigh>  Of
course, I will.

Julie Krueger
hoping the National Weather Service is being alarmist.

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: New Orleans...
gone tomorrow?  Date: 8/29/05 12:33:42 A.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_robert.paul@xxxxxxxxx (mailto:robert.paul@xxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:

> So think  it will be okay in November?  Ready for tourists and conference
>  goers?

If you're asking if Orleans be 'OK,' I'm sure they'll have  millions of
gallons of oil from the huge refineries near the city swept off  Bourbon
Street in a couple of days, and the majestic oaks replanted in a  week or
two. Not to worry.

> Maybe it will die down before it gets  there, though.

Turn on your TV.

Robert Paul
The Reed  Institute