[lit-ideas] Re: Negotiations with the Bolsheviks.

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 17:00:38 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Wilsonianism needs to be rethunk asap.  Spreading Democracy has made the world much more insecure and proliferated the arms race like nothing else, as well as diminished us like nothing else.  We were God's Chosen until we invaded Iraq, to do with the world what we wish and to tell them how it's done.  Iraq stripped us of mystique along with money.  As the Chinese saying goes, the water that sustains the boat also overturns it.

Had we gone in and made friends with the Bolsheviks, how different the world might have turned out.