[lit-ideas] Re: Muslim disrupt Israeli philharmonic concert for Dutch Queen

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 09:42:35 +0100 (BST)

>>>>>.
Maybe
 you in Britain are used to this
<<<<<<<<<

not so much "used to it" as "heard about it right away as breaking news on the
BBC etc. and in BBC and newspaper stories later"

and take your usual offense at those of
 us in the U.S. expressing shock,
<<<<<<<<

please try not to be silly and please try to watch the videos on the sites you
cite:  the people yelling "OUT OUT OUT" and "SHUT UP" are clearly *shouting at
the demonstrators*  (the people shouting that are *British*.

 but someone needs to be ashamed of
this sort of behavior – if not the Muslim perpetrators then the
permissiveness that permits them to misbehave

1.  The protesters are described (haaretz) as "pro-Palestinian activists".  One
of their organisers was Deborah Fink

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/pro-palestinian-activists-disrupt-israel-philharmonic-orchestra-concert-in-london-1.382289

who is Jewish.(She lives in London. She may not be British.)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/jan/19/israel1

and a member of  Just Peace UK, a mainly Jewish group 'seeking "a viable and
sovereign Palestinian state alongside a safe and
secure Israel, with Jerusalem as the shared capital of both states"'.

2.  I don't know whether any Muslims took part.  Nor does the "primary source"
for your account, atlasshrugged, who feels free to call the demonstration
"Islamic anti-Jew hatred"

there is no law specifically banning peaceful disruption of concerts etc.. And
if a public order charge were to be brought under analogous circumstances, the
penalty would likely be light.

.Maybe
 you in Britain are used to this and take your usual offense at those of
 us in the U.S. expressing shock,
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

as above

 but someone needs to be ashamed of
this sort of behavior – if not the Muslim perpetrators then the

then, the Jewish perpetrator?

If rather than condemn these clowns you excuse them, and via Google find
something comparable happening in the U.S,

I cited sharia law in the US to counter your "sharia law takes over the UK",
and for no other reason.

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK