[lit-ideas] Re: Mikael's Sabbath

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:50:34 -0230

In the beginning
was the Volvo.
Zum Leben! Immer zum Leben.
And the Volvo was unWagered.
And God looked upon his Creation
And said:
A man must have his Volvo.
Not a Volkswagen, mind you, nor a Toyota, nor even a Chrysler, but a Volvo.
And thus from Adam's rib came forth the first 6 cyl. engine S40.
And God looked upon his Creation,
And saw that it was Good.
(Russian/Greek/Serbian Orthodoxy notwithstanding.)

But was it Right? Ah, there's the Kantian rub!
Be thou as chaste as ice,
as pure as snow
Thou shalt not escape ....
A desire for an S60 with heated leather seats in front and back.
Liquor cabinet, DVD player and Norwegian foot massageur.
Sandara Bullock chauffeuring, natuerlich.

Thus did God realize the unintended within his Creation.
For a Volvoing Adam accepted no conception of an Almighty
That did not fulfill epistemic standards emanating from his own immanent
Reason.
Thus it came to pass that God could no longer distinguish the autonomous Volvo
owner from Pure Heteronomy itself.
Indeed, the Devil herself!

Oy! I need this??

Off to a motoring tour of the cliffs of Cape Spear, goggles in hand,

Walter O.
On The Rock

Quoting Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx: