[lit-ideas] Re: Microsoft's Origami

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:58:53 -0800 (PST)

There is also Nokia 770, see
http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=1376 for a
review. It runs (Debian) Linux, which is by far
superior for this kind of use. The nerds developing it
live to shave off few processor cycles, and in an
underpowered device like a palmtop that is important.
Battery life ís still pretty bad.

In a presentation a while ago a Nokia R&D guy made an
interesting point. If we were to do full multi-media
on a cell phone, assuming we had good enough
batteries, the whole thing would be literally too hot
to handle.

Agree on Macs, five year olds can use them but I am
totally lost. Well, at least you can start a terminal
in OSX nowadays.

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland