[lit-ideas] Re: : Mexican protesting_ something illegal for free

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 23:11:03 EDT

In a message dated 5/2/2006 8:21:42 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
wells001@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

has to  grant 12 million acres of land to be bought by american  Citizens!

HI,
Isn't that an interesting concept?

What IS the level of land ownership by the population in  Mexico?  Do they
have the same 'dream' of home ownership that we do?   How possible is it in
Mexico? What is keeping it from happening? Would it change  their economy if
that
happened?

If the Americans ended up with an acre of land or more--would a Little USA
begin to be formed there?

Wonder what WOULD happen if this proposition happened?  Would there be  very
many Americans who would take it up? I have heard that there are those who
have retired there...the 'upside' for Mexico, then, would be that US dollars
via
 Social Security or the rare pension would be funneled into their economy.

Actually...it might be the beginning of the whole USA annexing Mexico as a
new state...there's a thought, right?  Would that be a good idea, I  wonder?
Would that be a great change for Mexico?  Would their  companies have to begin
to comply with things like minimum wage and so  forth?

Sometimes taking these sorts of ideas to their further steps allows  one to
see the situation more clearly...

Best,
Marlena