[lit-ideas] Re: Merton (was SUNDAY POEM)

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:20:47 -0500

Mike, I don't know that you'd have any interest in this but since you
mention the Catholic Worker and Merton I thought I'd recommend a book
called THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN by Paul Elie.  An editor for
Farrar, Straus & Giroux, Elie ties Flannery O'Connor, Walker Percy,
Dorothy Day and Merton together in terms of pilgrimage of a
specifically Catholic and literary kind.

Brian