[lit-ideas] Melanie...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:29:56 -0400

The roller skates and the key...
Thanks for the lyrics, Mike.
Didn't know that was a Melanie song.
I always thought it was Joni Mitchell

And another which I did think was a Melanie song:
http://www.connollyco.com/discography/uriah_heep/comeawaycds.html

Lyrics (as sung by Harry Belafonte) here:
http://w1.871.telia.com/~u87125666/lyrics/comeawaymelinda.htm

I always heard it as 'Mommy, Mommy, come and see"
Sad song.

Sadly, anti-war songs will soon make a comeback.
But, self-censorship being the media's strong suit, we likely won't hear
them.
Eve of Destruction
Universal Soldier
and so on...