[lit-ideas] Manilius, Astr. xx, 78c -- Was: Comet in the skies

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:17:15 EST

Thanks to A. Ramos and D. Ritchie for  observations:

>Inspired or provoked, I went in search.  Visibility in the >upper left hand
corner of Our Great Nation is  currently >about fifty feet...season of mists
and mellow  >fruitfulness, and all that.

Incidentally, I wonder if Manilius, "Astronomica" (Loeb  Classical Library)
(_I have to have it_) will be useful. I'm hoping it has all  the consellations
in Greek in Latin as they knew them.

It's the only title on that subject in the Loeb Classical  Library, I assume,
and hopefully it's just one volume.

Cheers,

JL