[lit-ideas] Re: Mainstream Islamist Movements

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:15:40 -0500

This is exactly what I've read as to why Islam is so popular.  The people turn
to it because the governments are so corrupt.  They hope to find guidance and
governance in the religion.  In fact, this was proposed as a reason why the
governments fanned the flames of the cartoon furor, to take attention off
themselves.  I wonder if that doesn't mirror the concurrent rise of religion
and governmental corruption in this country.  When all else fails, read the
instructions ...