[lit-ideas] Re: Lost&Found in Translation

  • From: "Peter D. Junger" <junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 14:33:08 -0500

"Judith Evans" writes:

: I thought Adobe had an online utility that did it, but it seems not.  I
: found this, which seems similar
:
: http://www.gohtm.com/
:
: this
:
: http://www.pdfutility.com/ with a free demo download (that will replace some
: characters randomly!)
:
: and this
:
: http://www.solidpdf.com/ (.pdf to Word) with a free 15-day trial download

[snip]

:
:
: Any idea how to translate a .pdf to .txt without paying a fortune?
:
: -tor

I don't know it it works with MSwindows, but there is a program
called ps2ascii that runs on Linux that comes with a program called
Ghostscript that can sometimes do the job.

And it's free as in both beer and speech.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu