[lit-ideas] Lines Cited, in Dejection, on Mike Geary's Leaving of the Bildung

  • From: "Henninge, Richard" <henninri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:43:52 +0200

Lines Cited, in Dejection, on Mike Geary's Leaving of the Bildung

George Gordon Lord Byron (1788-1824)
Childe Harold's Pilgrimage: Canto the Third
(excerpt)
              1     Is thy face like thy mother's, my fair child!
              2     Ada! sole daughter of my house and heart?
              3     When last I saw thy young blue eyes they smil'd,
              4     And then we parted--not as now we part,
              5     But with a hope.--Awaking with a start,
              6     The waters heave around me; and on high
              7     The winds lift up their voices: I depart,
              8     Whither I know not; but the hour's gone by,
              9     When Albion's lessening shores could grieve or glad mine
eye.

------------------------------

From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: The Educational Value of Slips of the Whatever
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:44:11 -0500

Hi guys and gals and gays,
I've never understood a single world Richard Hinninge has written, nor palma,
nor Walter O. and very few of Donal's or RP's or JL's, I'm sometimes jealous
that I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about, but not usually.
I'm comfortable in my ignorance so long as I feel good about myself.  The
concerns that I concern myself with usually concern my emotional life, not my
philosophical angst.  So get a life, fellas.  Thankfully, this list hasn't what
you guys want it to be -- an athenaeum dedicated to lectures in the various
branches of Philosophy, Rhetoric, Grammar and  Jurisbullshitery -- instead,
it's like Oprah.   : )   Even so,  I must leave you for a period.  Yes, yes,
Walter won't have me to kick around anymore.  At least not for awhile.  But
I'll be back and, no doubt with a vengeance.  Things have gotten godawful
disarrayed here and will take a bit of time to straighten out, else I'd never
let you I-know-everything  kind of people live in peace.

Peace,
Mike Geary

Richard Henninge,
author of more than a single misunderstood world
University of Mainz