[lit-ideas] Re: Kant's antithesis

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 05:20:37 EDT

Of course the reason she spoke thus was that she was addressing a  man.  Men
deal much better with denial than truth.  Sweeping  generalization coming from
experience.

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Kant's antithesis
Date: 10/13/04 4:09:30 AM Central Daylight Time  From: _bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"'I suppose I'll have to tell you all about it,'  she said.  'I mean,
I'd better tell the truth.'  She spoke as if  this was always a last
distasteful resort instead of a moral  obligation."

["She" is the character Helen Missal in Ruth Rendell's _From  Doon With
Death_]

Chris Bruce
Kiel,  Germany
__