[lit-ideas] Re: Just say no.

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:52:34 -0800

Marlena writes:

> One main (reason for teen sex) is that Bill Clinton's rationalization about
> whether or
> not he had 'sex' with the woman who worked for him is what caused this to
> become  such a part of our culture that teens took it and have used it for
> themselves.

Teen sex was around long before Monica or even Romeo and Juliet.

> Of course, there are other problems with this Values movement--one of them
> is the continual split of the good girl/bad girl/good boy/bad boy.  Of
> course,
> pornography does not assist in getting rid of that split, either.

Okay, yes, some porn plays up the "bad girl" theme, but I think the vast
majority of porn
doesn't even bother with that.

What about Hindu porn? They have no concept of sin.

Over the weekend, I read some Italian renaisssance porn (it was entitled
Decameron, which is
Italian for "Cheerleaders in Chains"). No sin in that either, even when they
put Satan back
in Hell.

> The cornerstone, though, Andreas--is not the chastity of the young--it is
> the protection of the young.

The reality is that teenagers will have sex, so the proper issue should be how
to deal with
that. "Go ahead, have sex, and use a condom" would be the best message.

Values people think they can ignore biology. "Good Christian kids never do
that."

But biology doesn't ignore them. Millions of Christian kids are carrying STDs
and get zero
treatment because "they didn't have really sex", they have no one in their
community whom
they can trust without being ostracized, or they're simply ignorant because
they had no sex
education.

This isn't theory. The Black community in the USA is being destroyed by these
same forces.

AIDS is epidemic among American Blacks. It's actually worse for Blacks than gay
men.
American black men tend to be bisexual because so many spend time in prison.
Because of
strong Christian churches in the Black community, Blacks won't deal with the
reality of
widespread Black bisexuality or homosexuality. Although Black men have sex with
each other,
they consider themselves heterosexual and thus ignore information for gay men.
The deep
distrust of education and medicine means they go untreated.

Although American Blacks are only 12% of the US population, they account for
50% of AIDS
cases. In 2003, AIDS appeared 8x more in Black men than white males and a
staggering 25X
more in Black women than white women. AIDS is the #1 cause of death for Black
women in ages
25-34. Blacks also have the lowest survival rates.

This is the reality of STDs and Values. If the Values people keep ignoring
reality, they are
going to die in very large numbers.

yrs,
andreas