[lit-ideas] Jesus Wins Again!

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:41:10 -0600

Toys for Tots will now accept talking Jesus dolls
POSTED: 8:11 a.m. EST, November 17, 2006

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/17/jesus.doll.ap/index.html

Yay for Jesus!  Reminds me of the lyrics form Dylan's song "It's Alright, Ma":

"Made everything from toy guns that spark
To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark
It's easy to see without looking too far
That not much
Is really sacred."

When Muslims start making talking Mohammed dolls, we'll know we've won.  And
Eric's fear of hairy back Arabs can be abandoned (but probably not his fear of
them taking all the women).

I love humanity.  We are so ludicrous, how can anyone help but love us?  Even
Irene in her heart of hearts has to find us humans endearing.

Mike Geary
Memphis