[lit-ideas] Re: Is 'All men are immortal' unscientific?/Paean To Woody

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 08:36:23 -0700 (PDT)

This is beautiful.  "Because I want to know the meaning of everything Yet sit I
like a brokenness"  We humans aspire to such heights yet we feel so broken
(defective) and it all turns to naught.  Until we get it that feeling defective
is not being defective, nothing will change.  "what responsibility I put on
thee Gregory" to fix me.  Looking for love in all the wrong places because it
wasn't there when millennia of humans most needed it...   So beautiful.

Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  from Gregory Corso's
WRIT ON THE STEPS OF PUERTO RICAN HARLEM

I'd an innocence I'd a seriousness
I'd a humor save me from amateur philosophy
I am able to contradict my beliefs
I am able able
Because I want to know the meaning of everything
Yet sit I like a brokenness
Moaning: Oh, what responsibility
I put on thee Gregory
Death and God
Hard hard it's hard.

I learned life were no dream
I learned truth deceived
Man is not God
Life is a century
Death an instant

*****

OK, guys and gals, I'm outta here again. Shouldna stuck my head'n the door,
but found the travails of Spitzer as Trickster too delicious not to share.
I'm outta here and back to my novel to which I've added many a glorious and
coprolalic word.

Good to see you're still a club member, Mr. Ball.

Mike Geary
Memphis