[lit-ideas] Re: Iraq's WMDs

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 05:11:43 -0700 (PDT)

--- Scribe1865@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> Many thanks to our resident expert, E. Yost, for
> providing reliable information on the Syrian and
> Iranian WMDs.
> Oh no way, Omar. You're the resident expert. Why
> don't you suggest more
> reliable sources?

I haven't got them - although I am inherently violent,
as was recently pointed out, I have never been taking
much interest in weapons. However, that I am not an
expert on the subject does not yet justify trying to
feed me crap. It's easy to see that the site is biased
- just look at their formulations. When it's about
Israel, we are told that:
"Production capability and extensive research
reportedly conducted at the Biological Research
Institute in Ness Ziona." But when it is about Iran,
there is a "Suspected research laboratory at Damghan."
Obviously, we are supposed to accept Israel proven
biological weapons as a normal fact, but to vex
indignant over Iran's presumed ones. Note also how the
phrase "may have" frequently appears when Iranian and
Syrian capacities are discussed, but never in the
discussion of Israel. Take a look at the sources they
cite: it's the Washington Report, the Washington
Institute, the CIA etc.

With no offence meant to anyone, I think that people
should make some attempt to examine the credibility of
their sources before posting stuff to the list.

O.K.