[lit-ideas] Re: Iran outraged by Hollywood war epic

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:25:56 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Lawrence, what do you think of the fact that Halliburton is doing business with
Iran, today, at this very moment?  Perfectly legal too.  Think that's okay?
Would that answer your question about what's going on in the official capacity?
 Are they left leaning do you think?

Cheney is also receiving deferred compensation from Halliburton while he's in
office.  Robert Bryce, "Cronies: Oil, the Bushes, and the Rise of Texas,
America's Superstate."

Halliburton is moving to Dubai because, forget Houston, that's where the oil
action is.  In addition, Dubai has a don't ask, don't tell business policy.
Pretty much anything goes.  Dubai has made doing business there so delightful
that it has 25% of all the construction cranes of the world trying to keep up
with the demand of businesses moving there.  American oil interests (North Sea
crude, etc.) are no longer the benchmark that oil futures are tied to.  It's
Dubai ... Bush wanted them to operate our ports too.  Small world, isn't it?