[lit-ideas] Re: Implications of Multiplying Gadgets, was Poetry and Madness

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:53:31 -0700

No longer will families be the 'fated' families we have had until now.

In the USA households, married couples are now the minority.

Re IM'ing on the phone: My wife frequently uses IM for cross-talk
while participating in conference calls. She and a friend use IM to
make snide remarks or plot strategy while other call participants are
droning or ranting on. I wonder how widespread this sort of behavior
has become.

Totally standard. In nearly all of our conf calls, there are multiple IM boxes open, with various people discussing the voice conversation. In IM, you can also set up group chats, so three or four people can be in an off-line chat. We discuss sub-issues, arrange meeting times, etc.

By the way, for those of you who have Treo PDA, check out Google Maps for Treo. Extremely good. Free. Visit http://google.com/gmm

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com