[lit-ideas] Re: Ideas needed

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:06:48 +0000

Why is everybody called Ben these days? I have 2 in the more-or-less immediate
family (apparently there's a third I don't know about)

Tuesday, November 23, 2004, 2:23:19 AM, Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:

 But--oral storytelling?  What
Eac> is the purpose?

I think this is your real question.  Why not rephrase it (not exactly like
this!) "what's the use of oral storytelling now?" and talk about what it was
about and about oral history -- get some tapes, better, videos.  (Studs Terkel
leaps to mind, but you will know more, and know about material for children.)
History as story, memory..  I can think up some more and probably more
appropriate questions but almost certainly not tonight: I stayed up far too
late last night, got up far too early this morning, felt I should walk home
from the hospital as part of my physio... Slump!

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx