[lit-ideas] Hickory Dickory Dick: The Sex Behind The Nursery

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 08:58:38 EST

J. M. Geary:

> I enjoy your posts but I only read half of
>  them.

Whoa?  At the current rate, it's 4 a day, if lucky. Which means you  read,
"2"????? Isn't that rude to _say_?

I hope the posts you do read at least you read _twice_ to make up for  it.

Anyway, it's not the number (of spermatozoa), it's the quality -- that's
what my Ligurian grandfather used to say -- in the vernacular.

I'll re-read your post about the Mr. Greene. Pretty literary.

I also read the five posts you sent about you're not holding my candle  (when
I'm dead?) and calling me a perverted Argentina -- that was fun. I laughed
all the five times.

Come on, you have to at least BROWSE the whole lot of four posts I  send.

I usually include "J. M. Geary" to irritate you or to motivate you or both.
If I knew more members of the list, I would include too.

Not Walter O. --  he gets irritated just by mismentioning his forreign
surname. He thinks we  should know how to spell Russian!

On my part, I most always enjoy a post that mentions _me_. Sometimes it's  on
the rude side, as when McCreery said that five of my posts and he  vomits.

There's Palma, I quote Procopius, Tacitus and the rest, and then spell
Ellton Jon wrong and he says, "Do your research girls".

Stone said I was vociferous -- perhaps using the name he used for his  little
baby. How can I be vociferous without a midi file?

People are _queer_ as the song goes, "Life is a bowl of cherries".

Judy tends to be laconic, "Yes, but see: ...". "No, but then Eckhard 1991  --
it's ages since I read that book". Etc. Come on, we want a hot  argument.

Lawrence is good. He does a good job of editing the books he reads.
Sometimes I would enjoy more of an editorial from him. Like "I LOVE THIS", "I
ENJOY
THIS", "THIS IS SUBLIME", etc.

McEvoy can be fun, but tends to derogate his native Ireland. That's how I
took his last post about the Irish maiden who "fucks" "into sm'this". He should

not be allowed to use the vernacular so freely.

R. Paul will quote from various sources, and provide a light of  authority.
But he said the Greeks were called "hellenes" and that Aristotle is  never
wrong, and I found the source where Aristotle called the Greeks Greeks, as  he
should and no word from him. He said "Plato" was a common enough name, and
that
it's difficult to see how develop the soldiers of a boy near baptism age  can
be; but I found out that Plato's real name was Aristokles and he remained
silent.

Rene Morell will utter the Gallicism from the Rockies every now and  then.

Julie K. brings the freshness of her spontaneity at using the English
language. I wish I had that! Imagine using words you don't know the etymology
of!!!
Just joking.

Eric is fine, but he thinks that GLORY is what the Hebrews thought what
Glory was. He fails to tell us what the koine for glory is. If you ask me he
should ask the OTB lady. That post showed that he can be a snob too. I love OTB

ladies. They are becoming pretty popular in Buenos Aires, and _all_ of them
have  a 'philosophical' flair to them.

In Mary Poppins there's this 'lady' "two pence a bag" -- isn't there wisdom
there? Mr. Banks gives him the twopence ("You can feed the pigeons for me")
but  do you think she'll spend it on dirty pigeons. Most likely she'll run to
the pub  on Fleet Street. --

Andreas is too busy with his schedule. It can be 48 hours and will not post
my posts. The one he was replying was via a comment that Geary found
meritorious  enough to quote.

     Seen in a midwestern university
     GRAFFITO

                  MIRACLES in obsetrics:

         "Mary had a little  lamb"

Cheers,

    J. L. Speranza
               FORZA, LIGURIA! LIGURIA WILL RISE AGAIN!
                    Provincia de Buenos Aires -- some 6,000,000 marine
leagues from
                       my family seat (Celle Ligure) on the Riviera di
Levante
                               (we hate those on the Riviera di Ponente -- we
call them
                                      "decaying lot").