[lit-ideas] Re: Hersh's New Yorker article on. Iran

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:09:31 -0700

NOW is the
> time for the Bush Administration to reveal what it knows about Iran.

ck: Yes. Now is also the time for the Bush admin to have in place a very,
very clear idea of what it intends to do with Iran, once regime change is
accomplished. If, as Hersh says, the Bushies are counting on Iranians to
rise up against the current regime, and install a new "government" that the
US will like, it's another Iraq--or a broadened Iraqi conflict. Now is the
time for Republicans to pressure Bush to reveal why the US would not be
provoking a bigger mess.

Btw, the old "But we can't do nothing!" won't fly, regardless of Iran's
stockpile. Want to just "do" something? Go pick your nose. Instead of
invading another country, we'll stage a continent-wide nose-picking hour,
daily. Happy now?

Carol