[lit-ideas] Heroin bust

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 21:59:07 -0400

Hi everyone,

On Friday morning at 9 AM Eastern Standard Time I heard a report on BBC World
Service that U.S. and Russian forces broke up a heroin storage and processing
plant in Afghanistan near the Pakistani border.  I would like to know if anyone
watching U.S. news outlets in any form heard, read or have seen the same.
According to the BBC, the stuff was worth .5 billion U.S. dollars.  I consider
this extraordinary news and yet I heard or read nothing about it anywhere else.
 Mostly because of American and Russian joint military operation.

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI