[lit-ideas] Headlines from 2029

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 02:21:41 EDT

This showed up in my in-box -- I have no idea  where it originated, have no
url etc.   I'm laughing too hard to  cry.  Or vice versa.

<<Headlines from the year 2029

Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh  largest
country in the world, Mexifornia formally known as California.   White
minorities still trying to have English recognized as Mexifornia's third
language.

Spotted Owl plague threatens northwestern  United States crops and livestock.

Baby conceived  naturally .     scientists  stumped.

Couple petitions court to reinstate heterosexual  marriage.

Last remaining Fundamentalist Muslim dies in  the American Territory of the
Middle East (formerly known as Iran, Afghanistan,  Syria and Lebanon).

Iraq still closed off; physicists  estimate it will take at least 10 more
years before radioactivity decreases to  safe levels.

France pleads for global help after being  taken over by Jamaica.

Castro finally dies at age 112;  Cuban cigars can now be imported legally,
but President Chelsea Clinton has  banned all smoking.

George Z.  Bush says he will run  for President in 2036.

Postal Service raises price of  first class stamp to $17.89 and reduces mail
delivery to Wednesdays  only.

85-year, $75.8 billion study: Diet and Exercise is  the key to weight loss.

Average weight of Americans drops  to 250 lbs.

Japanese scientists have created a camera  with such a fast shutter speed,
they now can photograph a woman with her mouth  shut. (hey!  I just sent it.  I
didn't write  it!)

Massachusetts executes last remaining  conservative.

Supreme Court rules punishment of criminals  violates their civil rights.

Average height of NBA  players now nine feet, seven inches.

New federal law  requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers, fly swatters
and rolled-up  newspapers must be registered by January 2036.

Congress  authorizes direct deposit of formerly illegal political
contributions to  campaign accounts.

Capitol Hill intern indicted for  refusing to have sex with congressman.

IRS sets lowest  tax rate at 75 percent.

Florida voters still having  trouble with voting machines>>