[lit-ideas] Re: Grammar Girl link

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:46:23 -0500

Thanks, Judy. I realized about three minutes after I sent the post last night that I'd remembered it wrong, but I didn't want to climb back up the stairs. It's a lovely song. I need to get some of my old vinyl onto my iPod. Or I could just steal it off the internet (only in Canada, you say?). I seem to remember asking here once what people's first record purchase with their own money was. (Mine was a Dylan album.) Just thinking that for this generation the question will have to be "what was the first music you stole on your own?"

Ursula
North Bay

Judith Evans wrote:

Here are the lyrics...
Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Whatever colors you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

and so forth...