[lit-ideas] Gee whiz, Lawrence

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:35:53 -0400

Omar: Yeah. Gerecht sounds pretty informed.

He is one of the very best analysts of the situation from a US perspective. What I especially like about Gerecht is that in his talks he acknowledges a spectrum of opinion. He situates his arguments among a community of analysts and characterizes his own position. He describes how others favor different approaches and why he differs from them. He does this without rancor or partisan rhetoric.

Plus, as I wrote earlier, the predictions he made about Iran in 2002 have all come to pass. I'm sure he would have been happy to have been completely wrong.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/012/100mmysk.asp

is indeed worth reading.