[lit-ideas] Re: Frodo failed,

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:29:22 EST

Yeah, but I never believed Tolkein about that one.

Nice line from Star Wars!  I wonder if Bush thought it was  original?

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Frodo failed,
Date: 1/17/2007 11:26:24 A.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you'd done your research, you'd know that  Tolkein expressly denied that
Lord of the Rings was in any way allegorical.  So there can't be any
similarities can there!

No, far closer are the  three latter Star Wars films with the Sith Lord
infiltrating the democratic  republic and turning it into an Empire.

"If you're not with me, you're my  enemy."
"Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes. I will do what I  must."