[lit-ideas] Flinkywisty pomm

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:06:51 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/2004 3:24:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>> Erin Holder:

>> dk dkhhbn 4 55^%K  -- KM -- dedkh,  liisnncty'h. 7389h!!  Xnmntebid;
>>  m7739823,  ##98dl; lqqq.Und2?  : )
>>
>> 377,  7238946=>nndq aoein b  shlllms, tw,   pqhhs.
>>
>> */\/\/\/MW\/\/\/\*
>>  Mempis

----

I tried 72-38946

-- but it was busy.

This reminds me incidentally, of Edward Lear's lingo -- in ps (as cited in
V. Noakes, Edward Lear: the life of a wanderer, p. 189). "A few of Lear's
letters to [Lord Northbrook] have survived, like this one (-- reproduced in
Queery Leary Nonsense, p.6)"

Cheers,

JL

Edward Lear wrote to his friend:

Thrippy Pilliwinx, -- Inkly tinksy pobblebookle abblesquabs? Flosky? beebul
trimble flosky! Okul scratchbibblebongibo, viddle squibble tog-a-tog,
ferrymoyassity amsky flamsky ramsky damsky crocklefether squiggs.
                      Flinkywisty pomm
                                  Slushypipp