[lit-ideas] Finishing up

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:25:14 -0700 (PDT)

I just thought I'd finish up some observations about that most non-macho
looking but most underestimated animal, the squirrel.  After watching them all
summer, I've come to the conclusion that squirrels have to be the happiest
creatures on the face of the earth.  Nobody works that hard for that long
unless they love what they're doing.  These little guys are in total flow,
totally focused.  They jump from 50 foot tree to 50 foot tree all day long,
then get up the next morning with the same delirious energy and *want* to do it
again and again and again.  Tell me that is not pure joy.  I have therefore
concluded that yes, squirrels are definitely the happiest animals on the face
of the earth.

Andy Amago