[lit-ideas] FW: FW: Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:27:12 -0400

Logging off now, but before I do, this is the paragraph that I think is
particularly in keeping with the Short People song.  I'm posting it because
I doubt that most people will read the link.

Dean's followers take their obsession in another direction. They consider
Dean's death part of his allure: By dying young, he preserved himself in
amber, a Peter Pan in jeans and a red windbreaker. "Dean died before he
could fail, before he lost his hair or his boyish figure, before he grew
up," Donald Spoto writes in his admiring biography. Fair enough. But what
lurks behind the celebration of the star's unsullied youth is a fear that,
had he lived, Dean couldn't have topped what he'd accomplished by the age
of 24 and might even have tarnished those feats.