[lit-ideas] Re: Ernst Zuendel sentenced

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:13:35 -0500

They're not the same below zero, but they meet (manifest with the same number) at -40. The wind chill is only -31 now. Actual temp is -20. (-4 F)

Your temperature is 8 F (not -8F)
You are near Kansas city, right?
(8 F is -13 C and  259 K)

JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:
Calling all scientists who speak plain English....
Reading Ursula's post, I was curious to know what -39 C was in Fahrenheit. I went to my standard little conversion page and it told me that -39 C is -38 F. Knowing that couldn't possibly be correct, I used another converter, and then looked at a few different temperature scales. All of them indicated that below 0 C, the temp designations for C & F are nearly identical. So, I thought to meself, I thought, I will go learn about this odd phenomenon. Googled. Wikid (is that a verb yet? it surely will be). Read pages about the history of and the math of C & F. Nowhere was I able to discern why the two temps are different above zero Centigrade but not below. Anyone?! Julie Krueger at -8 F here. I still don't know what that means, though....