[lit-ideas] Didn't we just do this one??

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 05:03:07 EST

_Click  here: 'Critical' Windows security flaw revealed. - Dec. 13, 2005_
(http://money.cnn.com/2005/12/13/technology/bc.microsoft.security.reut/index.htm?c
nn=yes)

_http://money.cnn.com/2005/12/13/technology/bc.microsoft.security.reut/index.h
tm?cnn=yes_
(http://money.cnn.com/2005/12/13/technology/bc.microsoft.security.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes)

I'm having deja vu all over again.  Unless I'm losing my mind (which  is not
an inconsiderable possibility), I would swear that a matter of  weeks/months
ago I posted a nearly identical article, noting that although I  never use IE
deliberately, sometimes ad pop-ps open it by default.  The  (newest new?) patch
promises to "fix" the problem, however.

Julie Krueger

<<SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday warned  users of its
Windows operating system of a "critical" security flaw in its  software that
could allow attackers to take complete control of a computer.
The world's largest software maker issued a patch to fix the problem as part
of its monthly security bulletin. The problem mainly affects the Windows
operating system and Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser.
Computer security experts and Microsoft urged users to download and install
the patch available at www.microsoft.com/security.
Microsoft said the vulnerability exists in its Internet Explorer Web browser,
 which an attacker could exploit to take over a PC by running software code
after  luring users to malicious Web pages. >>