[lit-ideas] Re: Conscious after the fact?/Una paloma blanca

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:50:24 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 30/6/08, David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> think that the Spanish team included disguising the head
> butt--
> pretending that this particular kind of attack was just
> incidental
> contact-- in their practice and that this is a new move
> that others
> will copy.

It's hardly new.

The real problem is adhering to litideas guidelines now Walter has ruled that
football is not a discourse (using a definition that seems to rule out what
happens in court as a discourse insofar as it is based on a winner-loser
logic). Overturn this ruling and we can kick around the finer points of the
beautiful game to our heart's content. (However, we want the ruling to exclude
from 'discourse' ballet, its cousin 'American football', baseball, cricket,
tennis etc. Tough one.)

Donal

Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at
Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html