[lit-ideas] "Colourless Green Ideas Sleep Furiously"

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:42:11 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/2004 12:52:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
When I  read them I think "colourless green ideas sleep
furiously".  I mean,  even Cioran makes more sense to me

----

Think:

"Not to original, and often immature, conceptions, are latent -- yet with a
strength and willingless to express themselves in due time."

In other words,

"Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."

Cheers,

JL