[lit-ideas] Re: Check out Jim Kelly's 8-Year-Old Son Hunter Dies - Yahoo! News

  • From: eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 20:08:27 -0400

HI,
Thanks, Julie.

There is, I think, a level of grief in losing a child....

My son's new step-mom lost a child when the child was yet in her
teens...Everytime I talk to her, this little one is spoken of...(It's hard
because one of the scouts in my son's troop has the same illness--and one of
the other scout moms who was tenting with me was called during camp to be told
of another child who had just died of the same thing...and I keep thinking of
this sweet dear one who is a bit older than my son and who told me of his
situation without any prompting and who has shared with me the sorrow at the
various experiemental operations he has had which have had no avail ... )

Grief over a child...which seem to become only a pit to walk around...and yet,
there is the hope of the joy in Finland over a marriage and hopes that the
jitters confessed pass with only amusement to show for them in the future...

Off to see a Comedy of Errors in the park,
Marlena, currently in Texas