[lit-ideas] Re: Check THIS URL

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:25:23 +0100

Dear Ceri,

your post didn't get through properly -- to me, anyway! I think perhaps
attachments were removed.

Dear Ceri and everyone else,

I'm sorry I sent totally vacant posts (no change, you may think...); I'm
still trying to cope with not being able to un**b from my lit-ideas s*b
under my tiscali name (freelists bounces un**b requests from tiscali just as
it does any other tiscali mail), and it's worse now as I have to use Outlook
(temporarily) and it won't behave itself <rant>.

I did send an apology re the vacant posts some hours ago, but forgot to put
the asterisks in the s and u words; so freelists sent it back to me.
*Spyware/pest warning*: I downloaded a pretty, free screensaver from
freeze.com only to find I had the dread save.exe +"myway search" again;
worse, in retaliation -- presumably -- for my refusal to let all this stuff
access the Net, it copied *every file on my hard disk* to a new folder,
some, copied up to 7 times.  Luckily my hard disk was less than half full
when this happened or I'd have had dreadful problems.

-- yes, some of what happened was my fault; I should refuse all access
requests referred to me by ZoneAlarm.

now to clear up the remaining problems (that's another thing: delete the
suspect files, gut the registry, the files come back....

Judy Evans
jaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx