[lit-ideas] Re: British cab driver refuses ride to blind couple

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:35:14 -0600

*Lawrence:* "Would I be profiling if I guessed that this cab-driver was
Muslim? *Europe News *has the subheading, "No Tolerance for Intolerance --
No Apology for Being Free." A bold statement, that, but why not draw
attention to the roots of this cab-driver's intolerance, that is Islam?"

*Moi:* "Profiling"?  I don't think so.  More like expressing your bigotry.
You have no idea what the man's nationality or religion is or of the
circumstances at the time of the incident.  You're so eaten up with
hostility for Muslims that you probably think Sarah Palin is a Muslim.
She's not.  She's a Republican.  That's worse.

Mike Geary
Memphis