[lit-ideas] Re: Book

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:43:48 -0800

 Veronica Caley wrote

Has anyone read a book called, "Why I Am Not a Muslim"?
It is written by a man who says he was born and raised Muslim. But it's a pen name, I think due to fear of harm over what he is writing. He certainly knows Muslim history and literature. If anyone else has read it, I would like to know what you think of it.

I haven't read it, Veronica, but you can read Bertrand Russell's 'Why I am not a Christian,' right here at

http://www.users.drew.edu/~jlenz/whynot.html

I expect Russell didn't mean that he wouldn't be a Christian as opposed to being a Muslim.

Robert Paul