[lit-ideas] "Blow-up"

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 10:40:34 EDT

Cf. "I have nothing to say and I am saying it -- and that's poetry" J. Cage
(anyone has the complete text?)
Incidentally, on a slightly related note, M. L. Pratt interprets Julio
Cortazar's short story 'Blow-up' as a _flout_ to Grice's cooperative principle:

       "The narrator of Julio Cortazar's story 'Blow-up' (1959)
       spends his first few pages wondering if he has anything
       at all to communicate and wishing the typewriter could
       be entrusted to produce the text without his intervention."

Cheers,

JL

----

J. Wager:

"I am the only one who has not talked," concluded the fourth pupil.
(#71 of Zen Stories)

Torgeir Fjeld: